Novation Dicer Cue
Novation Dicer Cue Point and Looping Control
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch dice buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation’s reusable DJ putty, your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including Hot Cues, Auto Roll and Loop Roll.
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers
- Novation Dicer can control all cue-point and looping functions in the current version of Serato Scratch Live 2.0. This requires you to simply 'learn' cue-point and looping to Dicer's pads, using Scratch Live's MIDI-learn function.
- Dicer's buttons can also learn other software functions. So, you can assign different FX to the pads, or trigger samples over the top of your mix, or even browse tracks in your iTunes library!
- Dicer DJ controller was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
Integration with Serato: Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function.
Physical controls and Indicators: 5 large round multi-colour back-lit trigger buttons, 3 small round multi-colour back-lit function buttons
Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection.
Kensington lock space
Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs
Dimensions-pair (W x H D): 165 x 240 x 60 mm, (6.5 x 9.5 x 2.375 inches)
Weight (pair): 0.4373 kg, (0.96 lbs)