Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
The SM57 differs from microphones that are manufactured solely for vocal pickup in many ways. Vocal microphones like the SM58 have their frequency dialed in to a certain range that is common in most singers, enhancing that microphone’s pickup of the human voice. The SM57 doesn’t have this specific tuning, so it can handle frequencies on a much wider scale, with a response from 40Hz to 15KHz. Without this tuning, the microphone takes in the sound exactly as it is played, creating a perfect recording every time. This is even preferred by some vocalists who want only the raw input of their voice with no tuning at all.
- Contoured frequency response is clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, precussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main source while reducing background noise
- Extremely durable under heaviest use
- Frequency response 40 to 15,000 Hz